Adelante was built in 1929 by the Grandy Boat Company of Seattle, WA. After war service at the Ballard locks she found her way to Alaska where she served as a bridge tug in construction of the Alaska Highway.
She was a pleasure craft on the Tagish Lake system in the Yukon 1964-1967. She eventually made her way to Vernon where she served as a pleasure craft until 1974.
After a significant rebuild by Sarama and Lyonoor Lardein she was re-launched at Shelter Bay Marina on Lake Okanagan in May 1988.
Adelante returned to salt water in Vancouver in 1991. She passed to Shirley Howdle’s hands in August 2008. Following significant systems upgrades Adelante resides in all her glory in False Creek, Vancouver.