Adagio

Member Type: 

Vintage

Boat Name: 

Adagio

prev-names: 

Chillina

Year: 

1948

Length: 

34'

Builder: 

Richardson

Fleet: 

  • Pacific Northwest

A custom order boat built by Richardson in 1948, Adagio was shipped to Seattle in about 1950. Her name at the time was Chillina. She has had several owners, including Wolfe Marine and most recently the Palmers. They added the wood railings on the foredeck for safety, but otherwise the exterior is very close to the original. She was re-powered with twin Gray Marine 232 gas engines in 1964. Windows were replaced with a newer watertight design that preserved the original profile and curves. She is a combination of plywood bottom/transom, with laminated plywood/planked topsides. Minor repairs were made to the bottom within the last few years, including a reinforced chine to accommodate lifting straps. Next projects include refusrbishing the cabin and cockpit soles and upgrading minor systems.  [Info from Bell Harbor Classic Weekend, 2012]