54-foot Alura II was built by F.D. Lawley. Inc. at Quincy, MA. and designed by John H. Wells in 1929. She was contracted to be built for James Scripps Booth, then the owner of Scripps Publishing Co. and originally named Alura II. Subsequent names were Mary Eileen III, Tawamis, Classique, and MaeBelle.
A well traveled lady Alura II has made her home from Boston to Florida then to Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, Oceanside and now Oxnard, CA. Comfortably moored at Sea Bridge, Channel Islands Harbor, owners Paul and Sandy Fredericks lovingly lavish Allura II all the attention she deserves.