"Bubbles" is beautifully maintained and completely refinished. She has had an amazing life and really has a special life story. She was fully restored and maintained by a shipwright Roy Dunbar at Dunbar Marine Services in Seattle. All of her brightwork was refinished in 2012 and covered with ten coats of Varnish. She has lived her entire life in the Pacific NW, beginning on Lake Union. Now she is moored in a boathouse on the Columbia River.
"Bubbles" Improvements are as follows, these items were completed by her current owners:
Removed and replaced all of the old electronics to include:
- New E-Series Raymarine Chart plotter, GPS, fish finder and depth sounder.
- New Simrad chart plotter at the Lower helm.
- New Icon M-Series VHF.
- Added AIS.
- New "Smartplug" shore power plug and connector.
- New Blue Sea Systems electrical panel.
- Replaced Bilge system.
- New Magnum 2000 Inverter Charger.
- Associated wiring and fusible links for above.
- Removed large old tubular metal radar mast and replaced with semi-scale for the boat wooden mast with antique Beehive mast light.
- Replaced worn rear canvas with new screened canvas done by Hayden Island Canvas.
- Gave her back her original christened name "Bubbles"
- She offers Hurricane Hydronic zonal heat along with the original factory electric wallboard heaters
- Her Engines were repowered back in the 1990's with Chris Craft (Chevy 350) engines.
- One additional add from the factory was a 1 mile spotlight as replaced by the original 1/2 mile
- .New Bottom Paint 2017
- New Head and associated electrical 2017
- New Force 10 eleven gal. water heater 2017