Place of Build:
- Pacific Northwest
Gyrfalcon was built by Sagstad Maritime Shipyard of Seattle in 1941 for use by the US Coast and Geodetic Survey Office. Designed by the prolific naval architect and yacht designer H.C. Hansen, her original name was Patton, and she was used to survey the Alaskan coast and Aleutian Islands. Upon retirement from federal service, she was converted to a long range cruising yacht.
Pronounced with a soft "G" as in "Geronimo".