- Pacific Northwest
This historic vessel was the very first Flagship of the PNW Classic Yacht Association. Not only was she Flagship #1 but she was instrumental in establishing the tradition of cruising on one's yacht to Husky Football games and held Husky Dock spot #1 for several decades.
The "Dream Boat" moniker is fabled to have evolved from the builder, Lake Union Dry-Dock Company building these truly unique northwest cruisers during the time they were better known as builders of the Ted Geary Fantail Luxury Yachts, Canim & Blue Peter to name a few. Legend has it that one of the first owners to build one of the Geary designs @ 85 plus feet wanted a small launch built to explore the beautiful northwest during his visits here while under construction. As it turned out there was quite a local interest in the 30' to 45' boat locally and the yard built several of them using their core crew and apprentices during down time, and the leftover or "scrap" lumber from the larger projects. The result was very popular and profitable = "The Lake Union Dream Boat".
Marian II preserves all the charm and elegance of the era and combines the craftsmanship with updated systems and conveiniences to allow for safe and dependable cruising.
Builder: Lake Union Dry Dock Co. Designer: LUDCO
LOA: 42' Beam: 11' 6" Displacement: Net 15 Draft: 3' 6"
Engine: Izuzu Engine(s) HP: 110 hp Engine Model: A-4BGIT
Cruising Speed: 8 knots Max Speed: 10 knots
Tankage: Fuel: 150 gal Water: 85 gal
Helm - Electronics
* Raytheon #L365 Fishfinder, Sirrus Radio Antenna, Standard Horizon #HX255S Handheld VHF Radio, Raytheon Pathfinder 16 mile RL70 Radar Chart Plotter
* Propane Range Oven, with Sea Ward Propane control panel.
* Bunks for seven, Large saloon with enclosure curtains aft that open.
* New Electrical panels and wiring throughout, Heart Freedon 15 Inverter/ Autiomatic Battery Cherger, Hurricane Diesel Hot Water Heating System, Xantrex Link 10, Electric System Monitor
* Electric Anchor Windlass and wash-down system. Fiberglass sailing dingy with Gaff Rig & Tanbark Sails, scoop oars too.
* Engine installed new in 2001 with a complete sound shield. Racor fuel filtration, Flo Scan fuel monitor, Hart System Tank Tender