A large commission for designer Ed Monk, the 50' bridge-deck cruiser Marilynn III was launched in 1938, one of four sister ships built by the Lakewood Boat Company in Renton, Washington. She was bought from owner Dr. Hay by Gordon and Beverly Sullivan, and re-named Migrator III. In 1993 she was purchased by Lew and Lindy Barrett, who re-named her Rita. In 2012, she was relocated to the Northern California region. Like many other Puget Sound boats she was used by the military in World War II.