- Pacific Northwest
Originally a U.S. government fisheries enforcement vessel, the TEAL was built at Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding in North Bend, Oregon, (on Coos Bay) in 1927. Her original air-start direct reversing engine has been replaced with a 350 horsepower Cummins 855 NTA marine diesel engine and the interior of the vessel has been extensively remodeled for cruising comfort by her current and previous owners.
As a Fish & Wildlife Services (FWS) patrol boat (as of 1940), the Teal was stationed at Juneau, Alaska, during the late 1950s. In March 1957, she was on temporary loan to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADFG). She was then used, along with the FWS boat MV Brown Bear, in oceanographic surveys as part of a five-vessel operation conducted in 1956-57.