38 foot 1937 sedan cruiser built by Matthews Boat Company in Port Clinton, Ohio. VALKYRIE was originally sold through Robert Staats Yacht Sales in 1937 to a local yachtsman in Newport Beach. In early 1950, VALKYRIE was sold to a yachtsman in Long Beach, and circa 1954 it was sold to Lou Valterza and moored in Newport Beach where Russ Behrens and his brother, Tim Behrens, first saw it for sale. The Behrens acquired the boat circa 1969 and later sold it to Mike and Jackie McCormick in 1981. A Flying Bridge and dual helm were added in 1970 by the Behrens Brothers. Mike McCormick added new Crusader engines and a generator. In 1983, the Head was modernized with a new toilet, washstand and shower. The Galley was improved with a new electric stove and microwave. A hot water system was added. Electronics were upgraded to include two independent VHF radios, stereo system, direction finder, hailer, depth finder, modern circuit breaker electronics, and Loran. All of the wiring in the boat has been upgraded to current state of the art system. The boat has three 80-gallon fuel tanks (gas) for a total of 240 gallons. The water capacity is 150 gallons. VALKYRIE is currently moored in DeAnza Bayside Village, Newport, California.