"Red Jacket" was originally built and launched on Seattle's Lake Union and named 'Katedna" which was named for the owner Fred Baxter's wife Kate Edna McGraw the daughter of the states 2nd Governor. Frank was the Vice Commodore of Seattle Yacht Club and participated in the first Opening Day Ceremony with "Katedna". She was then sold in 1921 to a LA banker whom sailed her to Australia for their honeymoon.
Upon her return she was sold to a California land developer Otto Wildey, who was the first Commodore of the California Yacht Club at Wilmington, and whose company built the Los Angeles Coliseum. In 1925 they cruised the South Seas for 5 years.
In 1933 she was purchased by George Webb who brought her back up to Seattle and renamed her "Red Jacket" after Chief Red Jacket a prominent Seneca orator who wore a red uniform coat given to him by a British soldier.
In 1935 she was purchased by Paul Henry who was the incoming Seattle Yacht Club Commodore who had Geary redesign the rig and transform "Red Jacket" into the most elegant sailing yacht in Seattle.
The current owners Terry & Renee Paine of Tacoma have lovingly refurbished, upgraded and maintained the "Red Jacket" thru the Kelley Maritime Museum.