CYA Yacht Register


This is a list of regular member boats currently listed in membership with the CYA. (These boats are NOT FOR SALE -- refer to the Classifieds for boats that are currently available.)

The boats are listed in chronological order. Click on a boat name to view the boat's information page.

More info is available on our Research page, including some vessels not currently listed in CYA.

If you own a boat listed here, or would like to be listed here, send text and photos to BoatPages@classicyacht.org.

CYA Yacht Register

Have an update for the Register? Submit it here: https://classicyacht.org/content/website-update-submission

234 records found.

Argonaut II - 1922

Menchions Shipyard 73' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

Built as the corporate yacht Greta M for the Powell River Company in 1922, Argonaut II was purchased in 1937 by the United Church of Canada and renamed Thomas Crosby IV.  She was a mission boat for thirty years, serving as a floating hospital, library, post office, maternity ward, mortuary and church.  The vessel operated fifty weeks a year, calling on remote canneries, indian villages, lighthouses, logging camps and mining camps along the isolated coast of British Columbia.  She was renamed Argonaut II in 1967 for use as a charter and private yacht.


Vanalburt-Lee - 1923

Zona Carter 45' (USA Fleet)

Vanalburt-Lee is owned by Thomas Hewes of Mississippi, and is one of our most unique vessels. She is 45' and was built in 1923 by Zona Carter.


Westward - 1924

Martinolich 86' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

Designer: L.E. “Ted” Geary   

Built:  1924, Martinolich Shipyard, Docton Washington (Vashon Island)

Length: 86′-0″     Breadth: 18′-8″   Draft: 9′-5″    Displacement: 137.5 tons


Contessa - 1924

Blanchard 36' (Northern California Fleet)

Built as "Elsinore" 1925. Held by Blanchard for a time, presumably to use as a sales model.  Named for Elsie and Norman, children of N.J. Blanchard.  Elsinore was one of the first of the Blanchard standardized cruisers.  Built on oak frames and planked with Port Orford Cedar, she has a 9-foot beam and 3-foot draft.  She is powered by a 1949 Chrysler Crown engine.
 


Nisca - 1924

40' (USA Fleet)

1924 William Hand Jr. Piute Class, double cabin, express cruiser. Ted and Rebecca Crosby, Old Lyme, CT.

Owner: Ted and Rebecca Crosby

Malibu - 1925

Blanchard Boat 100' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

Malibu is a classic 100-foot fantail by Ted Geary.  Named for the Malibu Ranch, where present-day Malibu California is, Malibu Camp and Malibu Rapids at Princess Louisa Inlet, British Columbia were named after her.


Fantasea - 1925

Matthews 39' (Northern California Fleet)

Wood Duck - 1925

Richardson 36' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

Spartan III - 1926

Rodd Brothers 45' (Canadian Fleet)

"Spartan lll’ is 45’ long with a 12’ beam. Sparty (as she is a affectionately known) was designed by Herbert ‘Papa’ Gann and built in Victoria at the Rodd Brothers boatyard. During the war she served in the Gum Boot Navy, renamed HC 99 Naden III. After the war she was purchased by Bill Dolmage, who owned a Vancouver tug boat company. Bill made many changes to her and added the Gray Marine (GM) 671 that provides her power to this day.    Current owner has owned her since 1985.
 


Wanderer - 1926

Wanderer
Vancouver Shipyards 60' (Canadian Fleet)

Wanderer was built by Vancouver Shipyards and launched in 1926. She was originally a gas powered boat, now converted to diesel. During WW II, Wanderer was used as a Gun Station delivery boat. LOA: 62', Beam: 13.4'


Pages