CYA Yacht Register

 
This is a list of current CYA member boats that have been accepted as "Classic" (pre-1942) or "Vintage" (pre-1965) yachts by the CYA.

The boats are listed in chronological order. Click on a boat name to view the boat's information page.

More info is available on our Research page, including some vessels not currently listed in CYA.

If you own a boat listed here, or would like to be listed here, send text and photos to BoatPages@classicyacht.org.  The criteria for acceptance into the CYA Yacht Register is detailed here.

CYA Yacht Register

Have an update for the Register? Submit it here: https://classicyacht.org/content/website-update-submission

233 records found.

Pasado Mañana - 1927

Wilmington Boat Works 96' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

Polaris was custom-built for attorney and financier Lee Allen Phillips in 1927, originally christened Pasado Mañana (“Get Around to It Tomorrow”). The Wilmington Boat Works used oak timbers, Douglas-fir planking, teak for the decks, mahogany finish for the cabins. As executive vice president of Pacific Mutual Life Insurance, Phillips had a hand in the construction of the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles, and the draining of the Cienega wetlands. As president of California Delta Farms, he oversaw the conversion of over 100,000 Delta acres to agriculture, including the Jones and Rindge Tracts and King, Bacon, and Bouldin Islands, collaborating with George Shima, a Japanese immigrant known as the Potato King. Much of the acreage was leased to Chinese- and Japanese-born farmers. Phillips took the Pasado Mañana into the Delta to inspect his properties and on duck-hunting trips, and to sea after marlin and swordfish off Catalina Island. She was also a “floating hotel” for visiting VIPs like Winston Churchill and Herbert Hoover.


Orba - 1927

Orba
Lake Union Drydock 42' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

Built in 1927 by the Lake Union Dry Dock Company, the Orba was named by her first owner, Kelly Price, who had speculated profitably in the Oregon Basin Company.  Her second owner, Professor B.T. McMinn, cruised all throughout the waters of the Northwest aboard her for 33 years.  The many logbooks, still on board, chronicle her numerous voyages.  The current owners purchased her in 1971.

Owner: Stephen and Kenneth Moen

Riptide - 1927

Riptide
Schertzer 47' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

Riptide was built in Ballard in 1927 by the Schertzer Brothers Boat and Machine Company. A 47-foot bridge-deck cruiser, she is planked in Port Orford cedar on White oak frames over an apitong backbone with Western Red cedar houses.  She displaces 12 tons, and is powered by a Cummins 5.9 liter diesel, cruising at 9 knots.  She was overhauled by the Port Townsend Shipwright's Co-Op in 2015, and is moored in Port Madison, on Bainbridge Island, WA.

Owner: Pete Leenhouts

Zella C - 1927

Zella C
Lake Union Drydock 42' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

Zella C is an original Lake Union Dreamboat.  In 1974, she was moved to Everett, where, over the course of the next 30 years, Wes Ruff restored her from stem to stern, including hand laid teak and ash soles, solid teak doors with teak bulkheads and trim throughout, a new deck, new hull with Everdur fasteners, new oak deck timbers, new Isuzu diesel, new electrical with Trace inverter, new water and fuel tanks, new batteries, refrigerator, Dickinson diesel stove, built-in microwave, original and brass sinks with granite and marble countertops to accommodate modern conveniences, and a new lapstrake dinghy. Nothing was spared for Zella C. Her current owner cruises her extensively in the area.

Owner: Dr. Martine P. Roudier

Hanna - 1927

Hanna
Schertzer Bros. 38' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

Hanna was built in 1927 at the Schertzer Bros boatyard on Lake Union for Stanley Piper, Commodore of the Bellingham Yacht Club. Originally named Sandpiper II and renamed Hanna in 1988 in honor of Hanna French who, with her husband Ralph, owned the boat for 40 years and were longtime members of the Classic Yacht Association. As Sandpiper, she participated in the original Capitol to Capitol Cruiser Race in 1928.

Owner: Shyrl & Don Eaton

Teal - 1927

Kruse & Banks 78' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

Originally a U.S. government fisheries enforcement vessel, the TEAL was built at Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding in North Bend, Oregon, (on Coos Bay) in 1927. Her original air-start direct reversing engine has been replaced with a 350 horsepower Cummins 855 NTA marine diesel engine and the interior of the vessel has been extensively remodeled for cruising comfort by her current and previous owners.

Owner: Kit Pingree

Tiverton - 1927

Stephens 40' (Northern California Fleet - Classic)

El Mistico - 1927

El Mistico
Ballard Marine Railway 44' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

El Mistico was on the leading edge of technology when she was built in Ballard in 1927. According to an article in Power Boat Magazine, “The application of the low-powered oil engine to the propulsion of medium sized yachts and workboats is a comparatively new thing”. From the January 1928 edition of Power Boat Magazine:  A note on El Mistico's efficiency is that her owner, E. Michelson, reports that she was cruised to Vancouver and returned to Seattle and then cruised for four weekend trips for a total fuel cost of $6.10.

Owner: James Poirson

Wanderer - 1927

Wanderer
Rathfon 33' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

1927 Wanderer was built by Karl Rathfon in Tacoma. She was the 6th or 7th "Toyship" built. Powered by a Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel. Hull is cedar carvel plank/oak/Honduras mahogany with fir deck beams.

Owner: Bob & Lori Scott

Nonchalant - 1927

Hoffar-Beeching 51' (Pacific Northwest Fleet - Classic)

Nonchalant was built in 1930 by Boeing of Canada in Vancouver BC, and was owned by the yard foreman until the late 30’s, when she was moved to the US. She has been in the Seattle area for the last 20+ years.


Pages