Friday, January 18, 2019 to Sunday, January 20, 2019
CYA Board of Directors Meeting and Change of Watch Banquet
- Hosted by the Northern California Fleet in Sacramento, CA.
- All CYA Members are invited to attend
- The Hub of all of the weekend events is the COW Hotel, the famous Delta King Riverboat, moored in
“Old Town Sacramento” on the Sacramento River.
- Friday January 18th.
- Pre-Meeting Tour. Bus trip from downtown Sacramento to the Haggin Museum, home of the archives of the Stephens Yacht Company. Departure at 0930 hours from Old Sacramento to Stockton CA. Approximately one hour trip. Guided tour of the museum will be from 1100 to 1200 hours.
- Depart Stockton at 1200 hrs to return to Old Sacramento with a stop-over at the Delta Mansion in Walnut Grove, of CYA member Rusty Areias. Hosted lunch at the mansion.
- Return to Old Sacramento after lunch to get ready for the Opening Party at Sacramento’s famed “Sutter Club”. Hors d’oeuvres and no-host bar.
- Saturday Jan. 19th.
- Board of Directors will meet in the conference room of the riverboat Delta King (0800 to 1200 hrs). Light breakfast will be served. Those members who stay at the Delta King will have breakfast included as part of their room cost.
- Saturday afternoon. Guided one hour cruise on the Sacramento River on a commercial “Hornblower” riverboat. Tour and beverages hosted by the NCCYA. Other tours are available at the Sacramento Railroad Museum, California History Museum and the Crocker Art Museum, all within walking distance of the Delta King Hotel.
- Saturday night is the annual banquet and formal Change of Watch ceremony aboard the Delta King.
- Sunday Jan. 20th.
- Board of Directors meeting in the conference room aboard the Delta King (0900 to 1200 hrs.). Light breakfast served.
- Guest departures at the conclusion of the meeting. Sacramento International Airport is one-half hour north on Interstate 5 from Old Sacramento, with all major airlines servicing this facility.
- For those who wish to stay over, we have arranged post conference tours of the Gold Rush era “Sutter’s Fort”, the California Car Museum, and the State Capitol Building with its beautiful mosaic floors, all worth seeing while you are in town.
- Invitations and sign-ups will be sent out soon, but if you want to get a jump on your hotel reservations you can do so at any time. Call the Delta King at 916-444-5464 and check out their website for more information and photos of
the ship. Be sure to tell the reservation desk that you are a CYA member to receive their special discounted room rate.
Looking forward to seeing everyone here in Sacramento in January!
Gerry Kamilos, Commodore NCCYA 2018.