Dawn Cruisers, Clason Point NY
(later Wheeler Yachts)
Dawn Cruisers was established in 1906, by three members of the Donnelly family. The yard was in the South Bronx, at the east end of Patterson Avenue, where Pugsley Creek Park is today, but there's absolutely no sign of it in the satellite photos. In addition to the army boats . . . they built small craft for the Navy, but the Navy's wartime construction of small craft is one of the black holes in this database. The company was acquired by the Wheeler family in 1948, when they closed their yards in Brooklyn and Whitestone, and renamed Wheeler Yachts, but it was destroyed by fire in 1963.