From Wikipedia:

John H. Mathis & Company was a shipbuilding company founded around 1900, based at Cooper Point in Camden, New Jersey, U.S, on the Delaware River. At their shipyard at Point and Erie Streets, the company built luxury yachts and also commercial ships. During World War II a variety of Naval vessels were built. The Mathis shipyard closed in 1961.

John H. Mathis & Company

The John H. Mathis Company built a variety of commercial and naval vessels, including freighters, ferries and fishing boats, FS ("Freight and Supply") ships for the Army, minesweepers, net tenders, patrol boats, lighthouse tenders, tugs and barges.

Mathis Yacht Building Company

In 1910 Norwegian-born naval architect John Trumpy joined the company in partnership with John H. Mathis, to design and build private yachts. These two companies, the John H. Mathis Company and the Mathis Yacht Building Company operated side-by-side at the Camden yard.

The Mathis Yacht Building Company built houseboats, tenders, and yachts for some of the wealthiest American families, including the Sequoia in 1925, which would later serve as the Presidential yacht between 1933 and 1977. After the death of John H. Mathis in 1939 John Trumpy became sole owner of the Mathis Yacht Building Company.

John Trumpy & Sons

By mid-1942 increased demand meant that the Camden yard capacity was needed for government contracts, so the Mathis Yacht Building Co. relocated to Gloucester City, New Jersey, just downriver of Camden, and was renamed John Trumpy & Sons in 1943. In 1947, the Trumpy company relocated to Annapolis, Maryland.

In 1962 the Annapolis yard was destroyed in a fire and a year later, at the age of 84, John Trumpy died. The company continued under the control his son John Trumpy, Jr., but rising costs, a labor strike, and the advent of cheaper fiberglass hulls, meant that in 1974 the company was wound up.

In February 2009 a new company, Trumpy Yachts, was founded by Jim Ewing, Jock West, and Johan Trumpy (grandson of John Trumpy) to build yachts based on original John Trumpy designs.