- Pacific Northwest
Arro was built in Tacoma in 1922 by the Babare Brothers, They retained part ownership of the yacht, along with a major investor from the Arro Oil Refinery in Lewiston, Montana. The investor was named Herbert A. Hoover -- but he was not the Herbert Hoover who later became President.
In March of 1933 Arro was owned by Mr. Frost Snyder and was moored at the Tacoma Yacht Club when a nearby vessel, Argosy, exploded shortly after taking on nearly 1,000 gallons of gasoline. The blast sunk the Argosy and blew out all the windows in Arro. Argosy's owner, Dr. Edward A. Rich, died in the hospital several days later as a result of burns received from the explosion.
Following the damage from the Argosy explosion, Arro's engine was replaced by an Atlas Imperial 4-cylinder, 60 HP diesel that is still in her today.
Arro was owned by Douglas Stansberry before and after WW II.