Historical Summary:

Historical Background
Built for a Japanese fisherman in 1939. Seized under the War Measures Act in 1942 and sold. Found abandoned in a Fraser River boatyard by current owner in 1978 and purchased for $75. She had been modernized with a Chrysler engine and a lengthened transom stern, quality of construction much inferior to original and significantly rotted.

Rebuilt and reconfigured over an eight year period by current owner, she became a towing launch/workboat but now primarily a family cruiser. She has towed a variety of yachts and floats and cruised between Victoria and Desolation Sound. She has full mechanical controls in the wheelhouse and outside station, with chain steering that features a removable tiller at the stern for summer cruising.

Hull Construction
Oak frames, traditional cedar planked forward, double planked epoxied from midships aft. Strengthened with knees, extra clamp and heavier engine beds and keel. Entire hull glass/epoxy covered. Trunk and house tongue and groove cedar, original interior never painted.