Built in 1946 by the Shantymen Christian Association.
From 1947 to 1968, Messenger III served as a missionary vessel, bringing medical and spiritual comfort to Vancouver Island's West Coast. In association with the Nootka Mission, they operated the first hospital on the West Coast of Vancouver Island at Esperanza. She is featured in the books "Splendor from the Sea", and "Looking Astern". In 1954 she was in a feature article in Life Magazine.
Purchased By Blayney Scott (Scott Plastics) in 1968, her modern history included the development of many Scotty fishing products, including the famous SCOTTY Downriggers.
Captain Bill Noon took over vessel in 2001 and she has undergone a slow but steady rebuild/upgrade and restoration by well known and respected shipwrights Ted Knowles of Victoria and Chris Earl of Gronlunds boatyard of Vancouver.
She presently sails as a Pleasure Yacht.