Historical Summary:

Delivered to Seattle in 1941, the search for the original owner continues.

Aubrey Archer purchased the boat in 1953 and joined the Queen City Yacht Club. The boat was then named “Mal de Mer”. It changed hands in 1956 when Tom Rose and his family spent the next 32 years cruising the waters of Puget Sound. They had named boat “The Four Roses”.

In 1989 Robert Flack purchased the boat from the Rose family and moved it to Salmon Bay Marina where Mr. Flack lived aboard for 14 years. He renamed it “MV Madrone”.

In 2002 Jeff and Cindy Leist purchased the boat from Mr. Flack and moved it to Lake Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. It was then that the Leist family began a 5 year restoration. The boat was stripped, refastened, revarnished, repainted, rewired, bow thruster installed, minor reconfiguring and ultimately completely restored inside and out to bristol condition. It was then the Leist family renamed the boat “Simpler Times”. The boat was always stored in a covered slip with a complete boat cover as well (double covered.) Maintenance was routinely performed by Jeff Leist. The Leist family used it year round until 2017 when they sold it to Dave and Jana Ambauen.

The Ambauens had the boat transported, via truck, back to Lake Union in Seattle, Washington. Mr. Ambauen did have some work performed on the hull and had the brightwork refinished during his time as the owner. The boat was stored at the Waterworks Marina on Lake Union, Washington, under a covered slip. The Ambauens utilized the boat primarily in the spring, summer and early fall months. Once again, maintenance was routinely performed by Mr. Ambauen. The boat was listed for sale in April of 2020 and after a lengthy process, two serious buyer rejections and a series of events that were "meant to be", the boat once again changed hands and was sold to Nicolas Romero in October 2020.

The boat was transported, via truck, from Lake Union, Washington to KKMI in Richmond, California and immediately launched. 24 hours later, the boat had its maiden voyage on the San Francisco Bay, and piloted to its new home, with a covered slip, at the Fortman Marina in Alameda, California.