Yachts of the Classic Yacht Association
- Built in 1938 for Capt. Fred L Lewis, as the yacht Stranger by Lake Union Dry Dock Co., Seattle, WA. Reported to be the largest privately owned vessel built in the United Sates since 1931, and which was to be the most completely equipped boat of her size in any service, including government craft.
- Used secretly by the Office of Strategic Services for charting the Pacific region prior to World War II.
- Purchased by the Navy 1 July 1941
- Renamed Jasper and placed in service as USS Jasper (PYc 13), 8 July 1941 at San Diego, CA
- Placed out of service 14 August 1947 at San Diego
- Transferred in June 1948 to the Maritime Commission for disposal
- Sold in 1948 to Nicholas A. Kessler of Los Angeles, CA and renamed Stranger
- Donated 22 April 1955 to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego as a research vessel
- Acquired by the Teledyne Corp.
- Renamed Explorer in 1976 and operated as a cruise ship
- Fate unknown.