CYA Yacht Register

This is a list of regular member boats currently listed in membership with the CYA. (These boats are NOT FOR SALE -- refer to the Classifieds for boats that are currently available.)

The boats are listed in chronological order. Click on a boat name to view the boat's information page.

More info is available on our Research page, including some vessels not currently listed in CYA.

If you own a boat listed here, or would like to be listed here, send text and photos to  The criteria for acceptance into the CYA Yacht Register is detailed here.

CYA Yacht Register

Have an update for the Register? Submit it here:

229 records found.

Humble - 1902

Built in Kensington, England 52' (Southern California Fleet)

Our oldest member — 52’ x 5’-8” Victorian English Gentleman's Launch
outfitted with Neko 3kW electric motor.

Owner: Victoria Fash

Sea Witch - 1906

Elco 36' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

Sea Witch was built in 1906 from British lifeboat plans. She was the first motor powered lifeboat in San Francisco in 1907. She was retired from the Coast Guard in 1913, and the house was added in 1937.  She is powered by a Perkins 6-354 diesel.  Sea Witch celebrated her 110th birthday In 2016.

Mina - 1910

24' (USA Fleet)

Builder and designer unknown.

Vagabond - 1910

Consolidated Boat Works 40' (USA Fleet)

Similar to Commuters, Launches were originally built for wealthy businessmen who lived on Long Island and commuted to Manhattan. They were often referred to as “limousines of the sea,” designed to meet the needs of privileged Americans who needed transportation from their homes along the rivers and coasts to their offices in the city. These boats were also used to go to the theatre in the evenings, enjoy afternoon cruises or attend yachting regattas. Some of the most elite socialites of the time, including the Vanderbilts, Morgans, Fords and Kennedys, were Launch or Commuter owners.

Rhinegold - 1911

Rhinegold 2007 [A. Davey photo]
Vancouver Shipyards 36' (Canadian Fleet)

Rhinegold is a rare example of an almost unaltered and intact power boat built at a time when "gas powered launches" were a rarity. She was a social hit for her owner, Maxwell Theolopolis Davies III, son of a wealthy English family who sent him to the logging outpost of Vancouver with his own cook and valet! Her lovely canoe stern leaves barely a ripple on the water as she slides along at a graceful eight knots heading for her shed at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club where she has been berthed for most of her one hundred years. Colonel Colin Ferrie kept her there for the duration of his ownership of almost 60 years and her present owner, Wayne Hartrick, continues to have covered moorage at RVYC.

Glorybe - 1914

Taylor & Grandy 36' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

A 36' custom built canoe stern yacht created by Taylor & Grandy on Vashon Island in 1914, Glorybe is one of the oldest boats in the CYA and the oldest member of the Seattle Yacht Club. Owned by Betsy Davis. Glorybe was severely damaged in the SYC fire, but was rebuilt at Seattle Community College.

Owner's Website:

Owner: Betsy Davis

Red Jacket - 1919

Blanchard 72' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

As a sailing vessel, the schooner Red Jacket is an Affiliate Member in CYA.  She was an early design by Ted Geary, and has had a long and illustrious life. She has always been a private yacht and has suffered numerous mishaps over the years – a typhoon, two fires, one sinking and the loss of her keel to name a few.

Sannox - 1920

Y.E. Kobayakawa 38' (Canadian Fleet)

Sannox was built as a steam-powered vessel at Caulfield, West Vancouver in 1920. Her steam engine was replaced with a gas engine in 1923.  The current Chrysler Crown was installed sometime around 1958. 

Sannox belonged to the current owner's father during WWII. She was the 2012 Flagship of the Canadian Fleet.

Wanda - 1922

Blanchard 90' (Northern California Fleet)

Wanda is a 1922 Fantail Motoryacht, designed by Ted Geary and built by Blanchard Boat Company in Seattle, Washington.

Argonaut II - 1922

Menchions Shipyard 73' (Pacific Northwest Fleet)

Built as the corporate yacht Greta M for the Powell River Company in 1922, Argonaut II was purchased in 1937 by the United Church of Canada and renamed Thomas Crosby IV.  She was a mission boat for thirty years, serving as a floating hospital, library, post office, maternity ward, mortuary and church.  The vessel operated fifty weeks a year, calling on remote canneries, indian villages, lighthouses, logging camps and mining camps along the isolated coast of British Columbia.  She was renamed Argonaut II in 1967 for use as a charter and private yacht.