Annual Dues and Initiation Fees:
Annual dues vary slightly by fleet, to account for different regional costs. All new members are charged a one-time initiation fee of $60, in addition to the first year dues, which covers a burgee, member directory, and plaque for qualifying yachts.
- Canadian Fleet: $100
- Northern California Fleet: $110
- Pacific Northwest Fleet: $100
- Southern California Fleet: $105
- USA Fleet (All regions not covered by the fleets above): $75
Note: New Member applicants will also be assessed a one-time initiation fee of $60, in addition to the first year dues.
Applications for Membership:
- Member Application Form - All members must fill out a Member Application form, either online or a paper form. (See links below.) The basic information required for all members is contact information for a primary member and spouse/partner if applicable. (Your boat information is supplied separately - see below.)
- Payment may be made online for online applications (any major credit card), or a check may be mailed for either online applications or mailed applications. (Note: Mailed applications and/or checks will delay the approval process. Online applications and payments will be granted membership immediately.) Checks should be made payable to the Classic Yacht Association, and mailed to the CYA Treasurer at the address on the form.
Classic or Vintage Membership:
Although ownership of a Classic or Vintage vessel is not a requirement for membership, if you do own one, you may apply for it to be accepted in the CYA Yacht Register as a "Classic" or "Vintage" vessel:
- Pre-1943: "Classic" Member boats must have been launched prior to December 31, 1942.
- Pre-1965: "Vintage" Member boats must have been launched prior to December 31, 1964, (or a vessel launched after 1964 which can establish support for special consideration by the Membership Committee.)
Application for CYA Yacht Register Approvals: The criteria for acceptance are detailed here.
- Sponsors: It is recommended that you have a Sponsoring CYA Member review your application and/or visit your vessel to discuss the requirements for membership, and to help make sure that the boat meets all of the necessary criteria. Sponsors can be any CYA Member, but often it is your fleet Commodore or a fleet Port Captain, which are listed on your chosen fleet's web page.
- CYA Yacht Register Application - This application may be filled out online, or on paper along with the Membership Application. In addition to the general particulars of the vessel, the following information is also required to be submitted with the application:
- At least one 3"x5" or larger photograph - This photo should have been taken within the six months prior to the application and must show a broadside view of the vessel in the water. The image of the vessel must be unobstructed and sufficiently large to permit an evaluation of special features. It is often useful to submit several photos, each showing a different view. It is also desirable to include photographs of the interior of the boat. Digital photographs are strongly encouraged.
- Historical narrative about the vessel - This typewritten statement should provide historical information about the vessel including: former owners, previous names, restoration activities, special design features, and unique uses of the vessel. When available please include copies of, or references to published materials.
Final approval of membership applications rests with the Membership Committee which serves to ensure association-wide standards as established by the CYA Board of Directors.
So what are you waiting for? Join Now!!
Start New Online Application: Join Online Now
Download and Print Application: CYA Application Form (pdf)
Submit Vessel for Approval
(must join and pay dues first): Yacht Register Application