We would like to invite you to vacation with us in
San Diego, California
This is your official CYA invitation to the
2024 CHANGE OF WATCH
January 11th - 14th, 2024
- Restaurants: There are three restaurants in the hotel complex and they’re three more across the street on the Embarcadero. Plus numerous smaller food vendors.
- Getting Around: Most of you will be walking, however we are prepared, if anyone is unable to make these short walks, to give a quick lift in one of our cars.
- The Board of Directors meetings: The Board of Directors meetings will be held at the hotel. Both the Friday evening Welcome Cocktail Party and the Change of Watch Banquet will be held on the antique Maritime Museum Ships.
- Wednesday, Jan. 10: Early Arrivals--We encourage you to come early and see some extra parts of this fine city. (We will have lots of pre-event activities scheduled for those of you that come early). Wednesday evening and Thursday the 11th.
- Thursday, Jan. 11: Free activities guided by CYA SC members for early arrivers. Car trips, boat yards, yacht clubs, Point Loma, Juan Cabrillo National Monument and museum, Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, Mission Bay, Old Town District, historical hotels, no host lunches and dinners.
- Normal Thursday arrival, meet and greet, and check-in day at Wyndham Bayfront Hotel. Happy hour non-official social time at Claim Jumper bar and restaurant.
- Friday, Jan. 12: Planned group activities.
- Breakfast on your own.
- 10 AM: A two hour narrated harbors cruise on San Diego Bay.
- 12:15 PM: A no host lunch along the Embarcdero. Three restaurants and several snack bars available. Eatery map on arrival.
- 1:00PM on: Visit the USS MIDWAY Aircraft Carrier museum. You may stay as long as you want. Docent tours available. The flight deck and the hanger deck are filled with wonderful vintage airplanes. A fascinating look at a bit of Naval History.
- 6:00 PM: Welcome to Change of Watch Cocktail Party onboard the 1863 sailing ship Star of India.
- 8:00PM: Dinner on your own if you so desire.
- Saturday, Jan. 13:
- 8:00AM -noon, CYA Board of Directors meeting, day 1. Wyndham Hotel Bay Room.
- 12:00 PM, Lunch on your own.
- 1:00 PM on, Maritime Museum of San Diego. Tour the exhibits and the nine ships of the San Diego Maritime Museum. Return to the hotel at your leasure.
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Change of Watch Banquet. To be held on the upper deck of the museum’s grand steam ferry the BERKLEY. Stairs or elevator available. After the banquet continuing social time at the Claim Jumper Bar in the Hotel lobby.
- ->Sunday, Jan. 14,
- 9:00 AM -until done. CYA Board of Directors meeting day 2. Wyndham Hotel Bay Room. Official close of weekend.
(Note), for those that are staying until Monday to travel home. There are still many sightseeing adventures that can be arranged for your afternoons delight. Del Coronado Hotel, Balboa Park, etc. See COW committee members for suggestions of places to see and for transportation ideas.
Getting down to business:
For Hotel Reservations two methods are available:
1. Go on line to: https://book.passkey.com/go/CLASSICYACHT
- or -
2. Call the hotel directly at: 800-996-3426
and mention the Classic Yacht Association
(Block Code 011224CYA)
Room rate is $219 per night.(You might think that it is a little early to be planning for January already. However there are some good bargains to be had on booking flights early).
There are three steps:
1. Register with CYA for the event. (Hit the register button above).
2. Book your hotel reservations.
3. Book your airline reservations.
After you register and book hotel reservations we will contact you regarding airport arrival times and pickup arrangements
If you have questions contact:Rick Olson:
Vice Commodore, CYA Southern California Fleet.